Sunday, August 28, 2011

Homemade Beauty: Coffee Body Scrub






I first fell in love with home beauty-treatments after travelling to Costa Rica about 5 years ago. Out one night with a friend, I passed by a small spa with a sign outside advertising a coffee body scrub. Being a MAJOR coffee lover, I went in to find out more. The owner told me about the practical use of coffee grounds as a means not only to exfoliate and get the healthy glow that comes with but also to get rid of cellulite and varicose veins! (If you're interested, I explain a little further at the end of the post.) Unfortunately, this spa had no openings for the short time I was in town but the owner gave me a great at-home recipe to use.

So, I decided to make this recipe at home about a month ago (and actually use it regularly) to test out what the lady had told me. Two words: IT WORKS!! It also smells AMAZING!!!

Here it is, hope you love it as much as I do!!

Ingredients: 
2 cups ground coffee, any kind except decaf
3/4 cup sugar*
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)

Mix together. Use scrub in shower massaging it onto skin in slow-circular motions. Rinse off. Enjoy your smooth skin and pretty glow!

*(I like to use dark brown sugar but any granulated type sugar will work)


XOXO, 

Erica



--Caffeine, when massaged into skin has the benefit of tightening blood vessels (reducing the appearance of varicose veins)  and redistributing fat cells (reducing the appearance of cellulite.)




No comments:

Post a Comment